Minimum things to pack for travel:
- 3 pairs shirts
- 2 pairs pants or shorts
- 2 pairs underwear
- 2 pairs socks
- One belt
- Baking soda to double as toothpaste and deodorant (or bring deodorant and buy toothpaste at your destination)
- Baby wipes
- Baby powder
- Clothing soap (or just have your clothing washed at your destination)
- Other toiletries that fit in your shaving kit
- Laptop computer
- E-Book Reader (gone are the days of packing 5 books)
- MP3 player
- Cellular phone (remember, skype can be used to make calls from your laptop – or you can have skype forward the calls to your cell phone)
- Camera (I use the Nikon D90, it’s bulky but it’s excellent).
- A small amount of cash
- ATM card(s)
- Debit/credit card(s)
That’s everything you need to bring. Now let’s look at some extra stuff you may want to bring.
Sunglasses – Especially if it’s a warm, tropical sunny climate.
Condoms – Some souvenirs you don’t want to bring back.
A padlock – You never know when you will need to lock your stuff up at a hotel or at a beach somewhere.
Lighters, liquids, travelers cheques, your girlfriend.