IS IT TOO LATE TO MAKE IT BIG IF YOU START OVER IN MIDDLE AGE?
Tom [ ] asks: Is it too late to start all over at 47 and still make it big?
ANSWER: The answer is, “of course not”. There are so many examples.
I can start off with this one I wrote about. He started his career in his mid 40s and became a billionaire.
But there are many other examples:
- Laura Ingalls Wilder (author of “Little Women”) published her first novel at age 65
- Colonel Sanders (who was only an honorary colonel) started his first KFC at age 65. Sold it in 1964 for $2 million [ ]
- Tim Zagat started Zagat’s at the age of 51.
- Raymond Chandler’s first novel came out at 51.
- Rodney Dangerfield was a used-car salesman well into his 40s before switching to comedy
- Gandhi’s political career started at age 61 [ ]
And so on.
Focus on having high quality of life into old age. You have to plant those seeds now. Then today’s 50 is yesterday’s 25.