So why couldn’t I live in Port Hueneme, about an hour north of Los Angeles, on the coast. If I were to get a house near (but not super near) the beach, it looks like it would be possible to get a decent 4+3 house for $350K, or maybe even less.
1. Housing cost is not as cheap as Las Vegas. (But another option may be a townhouse in PH, which would be more comparable.)
2. Would remain subject to California state income tax.
3. Entertainment and culture non-existent compared to LA or LV.
1. Close to LA.
2. Close to family.
3. Fairly close to the coast.
4. Get to stay in California, and keep the weather! And my law license.